Thursday, August 25, 2011

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

If you don't know about Kinect and Dance Central and you love to dance...you need to keep reading... (and if not, you may just get a kick out of my post so keep reading...)

I haven't really played video games since the very first Nintendo. Super Mario Brothers was the shit, Duck Hunt was awesome. Mike Tyson's Punch Out was super exciting and fun to play. Remember Little Mac? We didn't have that game at our house so it was fun when we would go to my cousin's to play it. As I got older new stuff came out and I had a GameBoy for a while. I became a Tetris machine. Eventually though, I grew out of video games...

Fast forward many years later. I go to my old roommates house for a weekend away. She begins to tell me about Kinect for XBox and we start playing. It's us, her boyfriend and my husband. We start playing the sports game - which I was terrible at but I was having fun.

The cool thing about this system is you don't need remotes to control it. It finds your body and responds to your actions.

Anyway, after a few hours of playing and drinking some cocktails we put on Dance Central. Well, what can I say - after that came on I became obsessed. The dance steps were coming naturally to me. I played twice that weekend and when I came home I didn't stop thinking about the game.

Eventually Tom and I bought Kinect and Dance Central and now I'm hooked. I will play for hours if you let me. There are different levels for each song: Easy, Medium and Hard. Last night I was dancing for an hour. For my last song I danced to one of my favorite songs on the game, "Dip It Low" by Christina Milian on HARD...and got 5 stars! I love it.

Now I'm on a mission to master this game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment