I am not a mother but I do feel like Ralph is my son. I love him, I take care of him and I feel like sometimes I know what he's thinking just by looking is his eyes. (Tom thinks I'm nuts)
We got Ralph in March 2009 and I had just recently moved to Levittown. Tom actually named Ralph, his official name is King Ralph the Second. (and yes, that is after John Goodman's 1991 hit movie King Ralph) About two weeks before we went to get Ralph Tom broke is ankle. I became "momma" immediately - feeding him, training him, taking him out, giving him belly rubs...you get the idea. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't do much but play fetch with him because he was in a cast and getting around slowly. They did become best buddies, Tom still calls him "buddy"...he also has other nicknames like, "buster brown". How could you not fall in love with this fur ball??
We got Ralph in March 2009 and I had just recently moved to Levittown. Tom actually named Ralph, his official name is King Ralph the Second. (and yes, that is after John Goodman's 1991 hit movie King Ralph) About two weeks before we went to get Ralph Tom broke is ankle. I became "momma" immediately - feeding him, training him, taking him out, giving him belly rubs...you get the idea. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't do much but play fetch with him because he was in a cast and getting around slowly. They did become best buddies, Tom still calls him "buddy"...he also has other nicknames like, "buster brown". How could you not fall in love with this fur ball??
![]() |
| "hi momma!" |
We learned quickly that Ralph was a really smart pup. He learned how to sit, give paw, stay, roll over and retrieve in no time. He loves playing fetch and usually holds his rope in his mouth while he retrieves his ball.
Ralph is a social dog...loves having people and other dogs over. He even shares his toys and runs around the backyard with his friends. If he's the only dog in a room full of people he LOVES to sit in the middle of the room and just hang out with everyone.
![]() |
| "chewie" |
Ralph's hair has changed so much since we first got him. His hair was a brownish-red, with a nice wave and very soft. He had little white flects of hair on his chest and at the end of his tail. His Dad was a cream color standard poodle and his Mom was a dark brown Lab. Now as an adult his hair is wild. He often gets the nickname "chewbacca" from my Mom, especially during the winter. In the summer We love to get him completely shaved down because when he goes for a simple walk he just can't seem to cool down. That's when we need to hose him down.
![]() |
| summertime ralph |
Ralph loves to get wet! He loves to get baths, the hose and the pool...he absolutely loves it. Tom's parents have an in-ground pool and when Ralph goes up there all he does is jump in, swim to the steps, gets out and jumps right back in. After we are done hanging out there he sleeps in the car on the way home...and then an additional two days straight. Not kidding. He wakes up with the biggest eye boogies, it's insane.
Well, that's the story of Ralph...how he became apart of our family, some fabulous facts and pictures of him. There will be many more stories about Ralph...he makes me laugh, he is the best cuddlier and he's doing a good job of keeping me in shape. :)
Here are some of my favorite pictures of my Ralphie Boy :)
![]() |
| Christmas Ralph |
![]() |
| Ralph and Jaxson |
![]() |
| Ralph and Meatball |
![]() |
| Ralph and Gator |
![]() |
| my wavy baby |








i laughed out loud picturing him jumping into the pool over and over again with his big ralph grin on his face :)
ReplyDeleteand you did not include my favorite picture of him, which is the one in the backyard where he has an entire branch in his mouth!
I wanted to add so many pictures but it would have just been too much. They will just be material for future posts :)
ReplyDeleteI love Ralphie boy! And shaved or full-out shaggy, he is the cutest! I really think he and Rooney would be best buds!
ReplyDeleteGator said to tell Ralph 'Grr, woof-woof...wag tail, woof, wag tail'. Not sure what that means, but I'm sure it's something like 'what's up brother!'.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and I love you :D
ReplyDelete