Good Morning All!
Today is my husband's birthday. He is 32 today. (I'm sure he's reading this so...Happy Birthday Sugar!) I'm not sure how many of you know this but he was a little miracle baby. See...his due date was in August but he decided to show up early, very early. He scared the crap out of a lot of people since he was only 2 lbs and 13 oz when he was born. Can you imagine? Insane.
So now we fast forward 32 years and that little baby has now grown into my wonderful husband. We have been together since 2008 and each year for his birthday I have bought him a tattoo. It's now become a tradition. He's working on half sleeves and who knows if he will stop there. He's like a kid in a candy store each year leading up to his birthday thinking about the design and what he will get and where it's going to go. He will be going next week to get his new one.
Since Tom has come into my life my world has changed. He showed up at a very pivotal time in my life and I thank god for him every day. He really is an amazing person. He loves to joke around and as he would put it "bust balls" but really he means it with a light heartedness. If he's busting your chops it's because he loves you. Just ask his 3 brothers, brother in law and 2 sister in laws. He is so loving and giving. I thought I was giving but he takes it to another level. He is giving of his time and his love to his friendships and most of all his family.
He is an extremely hard worker. Sometimes too much - he leaves work only to come home and keep working. Drives me a little crazy sometimes. Or when he's doing a project on the house...he doesn't stop until it's done. Even if it's 1:00am, he will still continue to keep painting - meanwhile, I have a paint brush in my cramped up hand and I'm passed out on the floor. Ha!
Here are some random facts that come to mind when I think of Tom...he loves music and especially Pearl Jam! He loves sports, he plays the bass, he loves the outdoors, and goes hunting every year with all the guys in his family. He loves riding the waves in at the beach. He loves to try different beers, he loves to grill, he sweats when he eats hot stuff, he needs to fall asleep with the TV on, he just recently started drinking coffee, he makes the best breakfast, he loves peanut butter/chocolate ice cream, he plays first base for his softball team and he wears the number 6.
I could really keep going about Tom and tell you all the wonderful things I love about him but this post would be extremely long. For all those that have the privilege of knowing my husband, you know what an amazing person he is and you know how happy he makes me.
Tom,
I love you. I hope you have a fabulous birthday today. I hope this next year and years to come are happy and healthy. You mean the world to me.
Love Always,
Alison

You need a fact checker for this article - I was 2 lbs 13 oz when I was born - ha ha. Thank you for this article B - I love you too. You make every one of my birthdays even better than the last!
ReplyDeleteOk, 2lbs, 1lb...you were TINY! That's all that matters. I will update it...
ReplyDeleteI love that you found the man of your dreams. Happy Birthday Tom!
ReplyDeleteAwww, this is so nice! I didn't know how much he takes after me...I didn't drink coffee until I was 30, I love tasting different beers, love sports, and falling asleep to the TV and "sometimes" working on projects until they're done....all the rest is his father...haha
ReplyDeleteBette - He also leaves his mail in a pile and doesn't look at it. Dad told me you do that too. Haha!
ReplyDeleteI am getting better at that...I just stick it in my tote bag to take to work! haha
ReplyDelete