Today marks quite a few days in my history....
~ 40 years ago today my parents were married. Happy Anniversary to my fabulous parents! I love you both so very much!
~ 10 years ago today many innocent men and women lost their lives in the terrorist attacks that happened in NY, PA, and DC. We will never forget.
~ 1 year ago today I married a wonderful man.
~ 40 years ago today my parents were married. Happy Anniversary to my fabulous parents! I love you both so very much!
~ 10 years ago today many innocent men and women lost their lives in the terrorist attacks that happened in NY, PA, and DC. We will never forget.
~ 1 year ago today I married a wonderful man.
It's hard to believe how much has happened in a year and thinking back to where I was 10 years ago is pretty crazy. I wasn't even able to legally drink. I was going to be 21 in 12 days. I was working in a MAC Department at a credit union. I don't even think MAC Departments even exist now, they are probably check card or debit card departments. We were all huddled together in my co-worker's cubical watching everything going on in NY on a small TV. I kept thinking what the hell is going on and why is this happening?
Last year at this time I was at the hair salon with some of my bridesmaids. Excited to see Tom but at the same time I was super calm. I was ready to get married. I was ready to start this journey with an amazing man.
Our relationship has been a whirlwind. We were dating in 2008, engaged in 2009 and married in 2010. I am so lucky to have found Tom. I thank god everyday for giving him to me. This weekend is a perfect example of how we can adapt, work together and roll with the punches.
We were initially supposed to go to the mountains this weekend. The Susquehanna river flooded the town we needed to travel through to get to the house. We decided not to go...instead Friday we had a picnic in the park, took Ralph to the dog park and got a great exercise. Friday night we hung out with some great family - Tom's cousins who are not only family but really great friends. Saturday was a relaxing day. We stopped over to the AOH picnic for a bite to eat, where last year we were there in a wedding dress and tux. Saturday night we were able to get a table at a fabulous restaurant owned and run by a buddy that Tom went to college with - called The Farm and Fisherman. Dinner was amazing. Delicious. Just perfect. After dinner we came home and cut open our 1 year old cake with some champagne.
I'm not sure what today brings...more friends, more cake, more laughs, probably some football and beers. Whatever we do I know it will be fun and I will be laughing and smiling.
I love my husband. I love what we have and I can't imagine my life any other way. We have a great family, a great dog and hopefully one day we will be blessed to bring children into this world.
Here are to many more wonderful years together Sugar. I love you.
Here are to many more wonderful years together Sugar. I love you.

Bambi, I love you so much - you have made me the happiest man on this earth. I am excited for our journey through life together :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post! Happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteDad & I are excited for your journey through married life together too. Have a great day. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteWhat a thoughtful, moving post. Thanks for sharing! Happy Anniversary to you and Tom, and here's to many many years of happiness in the future! You guys are the best!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone!! :)
ReplyDelete