Does anyone remember that show from the late eighties, early nineties? I barely remember it but I know my Mom used to watch it.
Well, I started thinking about that show when I realized, now I'm a "thirtysomething" or I will be as of tomorrow at 6:00am?? I'm not exactly sure what time I was born but it was early in the morning. (Maybe my Mom will read this and confirm the exact time...she usually rehashes my birth every year for me.)
Last year was the big 3-0. So this year I will just be adding a 1 to it. I think with getting married, going to Vegas on a fabulous honeymoon and having a birthday all in the same month I really didn't think about turning 30. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal. I can tell you right now tomorrow will again, be no big deal. I will get up, feed Ralph, get dressed, and go to work. At work they will throw a small celebration with a fruit tray in my honor - thank you all in advance co-workers. After work I will have dinner with my husband at an undisclosed place because he won't tell me but promised me I would enjoy it. It will be a nice, (hopefully) uneventful day at work , a nice evening out with my husband (where I don't have to be the DD) and it will kick off my weekend. :)
Well, I started thinking about that show when I realized, now I'm a "thirtysomething" or I will be as of tomorrow at 6:00am?? I'm not exactly sure what time I was born but it was early in the morning. (Maybe my Mom will read this and confirm the exact time...she usually rehashes my birth every year for me.)
Last year was the big 3-0. So this year I will just be adding a 1 to it. I think with getting married, going to Vegas on a fabulous honeymoon and having a birthday all in the same month I really didn't think about turning 30. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal. I can tell you right now tomorrow will again, be no big deal. I will get up, feed Ralph, get dressed, and go to work. At work they will throw a small celebration with a fruit tray in my honor - thank you all in advance co-workers. After work I will have dinner with my husband at an undisclosed place because he won't tell me but promised me I would enjoy it. It will be a nice, (hopefully) uneventful day at work , a nice evening out with my husband (where I don't have to be the DD) and it will kick off my weekend. :)
Saturday I have plans to go out for a bachelorette party. I found out that we will be hitting up some bars and dancing the night away. At first I was really excited since I haven't been out with the girls in a while. Then I started thinking...what the hell am I supposed to wear? I don't want to look like I'm trying to be 21 but I don't want to be wearing mom-jeans either. Here I am in Kohl's this afternoon looking for an outfit. Do I go over to the juniors and look for a cute shirt to go with the Lauren Conrad skinny jeans in my hand? (and yes, I can't believe I bought them either but they really did look nice on me) OR...Do I stay in the women's section and buy a pricey Jennifer Lopez or Vera Wang top? What the hell is this thirtysomething to do?? I bought a shirt from each side of the store. The juniors top was $14 and I tried it on and I have to say, it looked good.
Being thirtysomething is a little weird for me - I'm thinking maybe I just need some time to get used to it? I always was the youngest of my family and my friends. Mostly of the time I was the youngest one at work. Now I have friends that are younger than me and family that is younger than me. Now I am the only 30 year old woman at my job in a sea of 20, 40 and 50 year olds.
If I went out to the bars in my 20's I had a closet full clothes to wear and without any thought I would throw something on, go out and party the night away. I would be out until after the bars closed, I would be doing shots, and entering contests for a trip to Vegas (and I won that trip thankyouverymuch). I would occasionally be dancing on bars (yes, I was one of those girls) and now I'm worried will my cute shoes get ruined if I wear them this weekend?? Boy have the times changed...
In any case...I will be celebrating, laughing, dancing and enjoying myself. I will learn to navigate this undiscovered thirtysomething world. This is going to be fun and I'm up for the challenge. And thanks to my wild and wonderful 20's I have some good knowledge and advice to share for the youngsters around me. ;)
Cheers Everyone!
In any case...I will be celebrating, laughing, dancing and enjoying myself. I will learn to navigate this undiscovered thirtysomething world. This is going to be fun and I'm up for the challenge. And thanks to my wild and wonderful 20's I have some good knowledge and advice to share for the youngsters around me. ;)
Cheers Everyone!
I keep forgetting to check what time you were born. You were all born in the early morning. Kevin was the only afternoon birth. You were 7:05a.m. I think. But, I'll check my baby records.
ReplyDeleteHere's a tidbit of info:
You were born on a Tuesday
Kevin was born on a Wednesday
Reg was born on a Thursday
Joey was born on a Friday
Dad and me were born on Sundays