Sunday, October 2, 2011

a rainy sunday

Well, it's turned into a rainy, lazy Sunday here in Levittown. I haven't really done too much in the past few days. I was under the weather for some of the work week and most of the weekend but I'm starting to feel myself again. Last night I put a little make up on and went out to see a friend of Tom's, Don McCloskey play at the Tin Angel in the city. Here's one of his songs I really like...enjoy :) Mr. Novocaine By: Don McCloskey 

This past week I bought a butternut squash at the store. I never cooked one before. Sometimes Tom and I will do that when we go to the store. We will usually buy a fruit or vegetable that we don't typically buy and make something with it. So, I found this recipe and we were able to whip up some soup. Tom even went to the liquor store during half time of the Eagles game and got some wine. :) It's very good. 
Butternut Squash Soup
I'm surprised Tom didn't want to add sausage to the soup. He's not a fan of vegetarian meals. My plan is to also make a mac and cheese bake with turkey sausage mixed in. Anyway, this is what happens when it gets cold - I made soups and casseroles. I love them and they warm me up. The oven warms the house up and my belly is full. I just have to keep them on the healthy side. Sort of hard to do with yummy cheesy goodness but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment