I had a really great weekend and I keep thinking about it. Reflecting on it and the people I saw, the conversations I had, the people I hugged and kissed.
Friday night I relaxed and cleaned out the DVR...I love doing that when Tom is not home. It's just easier. No commentary. :)
Saturday Tom and I slept the latest we've slept in a really long time - 10:45am!! Both of us. We have a 3 year old dog that is on a schedule. Somehow, we did not get up and he did not wake us. He also did not have any accidents or lose his mind while waiting for us to get up. Crazy. We had to be at the wedding at 1:30...not much time to eat, get cleaned up and drive an hour to 45 minutes away. We hit traffic of course but made it to the church to see the happy couple say their vows and walk down the isle.
Friday night I relaxed and cleaned out the DVR...I love doing that when Tom is not home. It's just easier. No commentary. :)
Saturday Tom and I slept the latest we've slept in a really long time - 10:45am!! Both of us. We have a 3 year old dog that is on a schedule. Somehow, we did not get up and he did not wake us. He also did not have any accidents or lose his mind while waiting for us to get up. Crazy. We had to be at the wedding at 1:30...not much time to eat, get cleaned up and drive an hour to 45 minutes away. We hit traffic of course but made it to the church to see the happy couple say their vows and walk down the isle.
| Melissa and Tony |
As any good friends would do...we celebrated with the happy couple after they tied the knot. The reception was ridiculous - in a good way. There was so much food - it was insane! Anything you wanted they had...really. I've never seen anything like it in my life. They also had the Philly Phanatic taking pictures with guests and they had a photo booth! So of course we had to ham it up - they had sunglasses and other props for the pictures. When I bride and groom came in we had rally towels for the Phillies and everyone was waving them in the air. It was so much fun!
Today was my roommate's baby shower. Yes, I know...she is not my current roommate but she will always be my roommate, Dorene. We've been friends for 10 years, we lived together for a year and a half. She is having a baby girl. She has 10 weeks left until her due date. She looks fabulous (I only can hope I look that good when I get pregnant) and I really cannot wait to meet her baby.
Today I helped her unwrap her gifts and packed up her car full of goodies. (I also helped pack the truck when she moved because that's what I'm good at...ha!) As I watched her unwrap her gifts and navigate through the unknown because yes, she still has no idea what is coming it was exciting to see her reactions. I know she is nervous, excited and I know now that she loves footie pajamas. Also, her baby is going to be wearing a ton of animal print!
I'm so excited for Dorene and her boyfriend Lucas. Dorene and I lived together when they met. I watched them fall in love. They are really a great couple. I can't wait to see the little miracle that they created. I can already tell you now she's going to be awesome and they are going to be great parents. I would have never guessed that either of us would be where we are now three years ago. I'm married and she's having a baby. We are growing up but like a fine wine....getting better with age. Love you Roomie!
Today I helped her unwrap her gifts and packed up her car full of goodies. (I also helped pack the truck when she moved because that's what I'm good at...ha!) As I watched her unwrap her gifts and navigate through the unknown because yes, she still has no idea what is coming it was exciting to see her reactions. I know she is nervous, excited and I know now that she loves footie pajamas. Also, her baby is going to be wearing a ton of animal print!
I'm so excited for Dorene and her boyfriend Lucas. Dorene and I lived together when they met. I watched them fall in love. They are really a great couple. I can't wait to see the little miracle that they created. I can already tell you now she's going to be awesome and they are going to be great parents. I would have never guessed that either of us would be where we are now three years ago. I'm married and she's having a baby. We are growing up but like a fine wine....getting better with age. Love you Roomie!
![]() |
| 2003 |
| 2011 |
![]() |
| 2008 |


this post gave me the chills...for serious!
ReplyDeleteDorene is an adorbs pregnant woman, as you will be! :) So glad you had a great, relaxing weekend—love the photo booth pics! You guys are the cutest!
ReplyDeleteAl, I can't even express how happy I am that you are in my life. I truly love you. I am not half the writer you are, so can't match what's written above but want to say Thank You being part of my day and for jumping in as you always do to go above and beyond. You were an excellent wrapping paper collector! You are one of a kind for sure.
ReplyDeleteI got your back when it comes babytime for you :)
Also, that car was perfectly packed...AND Lucas was extremely excited when I got home - he didn't know those back seats folded all the way down! I think that may have impressed him more than the room full of baby goods haha. YOU ARE THE PACKING MASTER.