Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and beyond...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's like an amazing Sunday dinner - you are surrounded by family and friends enjoying this wonderful meal together. I have had the privilege of hosting my family two years in a row.

This year really sprung up on me. It was like Halloween, I blinked and - BAM! It was Thanksgiving. We usually do a potluck style meal, everyone brings something and we make the turkey and whatever else needs to be done. We really had some amazing foods this year...my Aunt Doreen's Pumpkin Cheesecake...it was heavenly.

So, every year after this wonderful holiday - Tom heads to the mountains. He's a hunter, my nickname is Bambi. He thought it was hysterical that Bambi was my high school mascot. So, I'm forever "B". Anyway...he goes up the mountains for 6 days and that turns into girl time.

Each year the ladies of the family get together and do a hunter's wives night. We had another great night laughing, eating, drinking and being together. I've been hanging out with Ralph and watching TV and Movies...such as: Forrest Gump, Sex and the City, Pretty Woman, Burlesque, Twilight, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, HGTV, Food Network, Brovo, OWN...you get the picture.

It's been fun. It feels like the old days when I lived in my own place but there is one thing that's different - I miss Tom. He is the life of this house. When he walks into the room it lights up. I am so thankfully to have him in my life. I'm thankful for our amazing family and for our wonderful friends. I'm thankful for Ralph. He has his moments but he is a sweet pup. I can't believe he will be 3 soon! We've had a very good year and there are more to come...here's to the holidays! Let the parties begin!

4 comments:

  1. and once again...thanks for all you and Tom did to get that festivity up and running so successfully. Loved every minute of it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Momma! Thank you for making all of your tater sides and coleslaw. They were delicious and it was great to have everyone there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite post yet! you hit the nail on the head with everything! Thanksgiving at your place sounds great, as does the girly alone time following the holiday. But...I can also relate to missing your man while still appreciating your time alone! XO

    ReplyDelete