Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hazards Of The Garden...

So as you recall from my previous post...I love my garden. So far it has been producing basil, rosemary, lavender, cilantro, oregano, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers and banana peppers. There are a ton of tomatoes, all green and big but so far none are red. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with them but that's a different post.

Each night I try to get out there and see what's going on. I also pick stuff that I'll use for dinner or pull some weeds. Every single god damn time I go out there to do anything I am ATTACKED by mosquitos. It is absolutely horrible. I freak out when I'm being bit, it hurts. Tom of course, looks at me like I'm nuts but then we get in the house and I apply my hydro-cortisone cream and begin counting. The other night it was 12...tonight - it was 25+ on my legs and arms.

I go out to check the garden tonight and things are really getting crazy. The tomatoes and cucumbers have a life of their own. I'm trying to tame them and pick anything that's ready. I'm moving fast because the biting has begun. Ralph is out in the yard, sniffing around totally oblivious of me. I finally can't take it anymore; I'm wining, and dancing around. I run into the house, almost leaving Ralph outside, grab my purse to find the hydro-cortisone cream. (Yes I take it everywhere because the itching can begin at anytime. It's horrible.) Only problem is...I can't find it. Now...I'm crying and scratching and trying to look in my bag. Ralph is now licking my legs and trying to console me. I know I already told you how much I love him. This is yet another reason.

I send Tom a text to please get me cream when he's on his way home...meanwhile I'm thinking "How in the hell am I going to sit here until he gets home?!?!?” I go back to the bag and I find the friggin cream!!! Amen!! Now I'm screaming, "YES!! YES!! YES!! OH MY GOD!! YES!!!" and I'm laughing and lathering my legs and arms in it. I tell Tom I found it and now here I am writing this to all of you. 

The irony in this story is...today after work I went to Target. I had to grab dog food and I saw that with the bug spray was a bug spray fan. You clip this fan on to your pants or chair and it's supposed to keep the bugs away. I thought...egh, $8, and the refill is $4...nah, I don't need it. 

Tomorrow I'm going back to get that fan. I can't deal with this shit anymore. 
Screw you mosquitos! 

p.s. there is a bug bite on my butt...this is insane.

1 comment:

  1. The lighter the berry the sweeter the juice!

    ReplyDelete