Today after work I went to the local nail salon for a manicure and pedicure. Only this was not your average manicure. The women I work with recommended this place and the "gel manicures" that they offer. The nails on these ladies always look well maintained, shiny, and well groomed so obviously I was very curious. I personally do not paint my nails ever. Toes, yes but not nails because I am typing on a keyboard all day and also because we do not have a dishwasher. My hands see a lot of water and if my nails are painted they are chipped. This has changed my life...
I got my pedicure first which was just a typical pedicure, my feet looked very nice after she was finished. Then we go over to start the manicure. She cuts my nails, files them, does my cuticles, etc...you get the picture. When I come back from washing my hands she asks me to sit at another table and there are two "dryers" on each side. One is for my right hand and the other for my left. She does the regular clear coat, and tells me to put them into the dryer, then the color, then into the dryer. The color and clear coat look thicker than normal nail polish. We do it again for another coat of color and then a final coat of clear. She tells me to take my hands out of the dryers and then sprays them with alcohol, wipes my nails and I'm done.
"I can pay and leave?", I ask her. She says, "Yes, touch your nails together." --- this is the ultimate test...nothing happens! They look perfect! Amazing! I was so excited! (I still am if you can't tell by my exclamation points!!)
It really is the little things. :) I don't think I'm ever going back to regular nail polish again - I love these! Now I have a perfect pink manicure that should last up to 3 weeks!! (I'll keep you posted!)

BEAUTIFUL! Love the color! And also the ring :) I really want to try the gels.
ReplyDelete