Hi Everyone!
Today is my Momma's birthday. She is ** years young...a lady never tells her age and I won't tell her age either. ;) Happy Birthday Mom!!! (hopefully you are reading this! Ha!)
Today is my Momma's birthday. She is ** years young...a lady never tells her age and I won't tell her age either. ;) Happy Birthday Mom!!! (hopefully you are reading this! Ha!)
My Mom is a marvelous, incredible, awesome, and funny woman. I feel as though I have a lot of her in me and as I get older I can see it more and more. She is a great mother, mother-in-law, wife, friend, sister, daughter and fur grandmom to Ralphie Boy.
Here are a few fun and random facts about my Mom:
~She always told my friends to call her Kathy because Mrs. M was my Dad's mom.
~She loves to dance. Especially in the kitchen...I learned most of my moves from her and now I teach her stuff like Beyonce. ;)
~She is super sarcastic.
~She knits like a son of bitch. She will whip you up a baby blanket and matching hat in less than a week. I'm not really sure of the exact time frame but she is fast, like lighting!
~She loves the beach and if it's "the perfect beach day" we will not be going home before 5-6:00pm...maybe even later.
~She did my hair everyday until I was in 6th grade. My hair was down my back, almost to my waist.
~She has taught me so much...just to name a few - sewing, making a kick ass lasagna, ironing, gardening, how to count money, how to drive and how to put on makeup.
~She worked for a makeup company called Aloe Charm, and before she got that job she barely wore makeup, now she will rarely leave the house without it.
~She also worked in a bridal shop, a wall paper store and a bunch of nursing homes. She got me a job at one of those nursing homes.
~She named our family dog Bo Louie or Louie as he was better know. He followed her around constantly...he loved her.
~When we were little on St. Patrick's Day she would make Irish Potatoes and dye the lemonade green.
~She loves Halloween. LOVES IT. (she dressed up as one of the dead people from Michael Jackson's Thriller video...no, I'm not kidding.)
~She collects Nutcrackers and pulls them out every year for Christmas. She also says they walk around the house when we are all sleeping.
~She loves thunderstorms.
~She loves taking pictures.
~She was with me every day while I was in the hospital getting my heart surgery as a kid.
~She has been my biggest cheerleader.
~She has always been there for me when I needed her.
~She has taught me how to be a strong woman.
They are just some of the ways she is so amazing. :) I could keep going but this post would never end. For any of you out there reading this that know my Mom can agree with me. Any of you that don't know my Mom should be sad that you don't and eager to meet her. Haha!
Mom,
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful birthday full of surprises and fun this year. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Enjoy your day and weekend celebration! Here's to another happy and healthy year!
I love you!!
Alison

Happy Birthday to your mom! Such a sweet post
ReplyDeletelove this and your momma! and i am so lucky to have been a recipient of one of her blankets and matching hats- well, not me, leah!! they are gorgeous! the blanket is in my car at all times because if it isn't on leah (hello, its 100 degrees) then seanie has it on him (hello, its 100 degrees! what's wrong with him!?) anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!!
ReplyDelete